FINALLY!

vickiang
on 3/8/06 2:37 am - Austin, TX
My lovely son was playing with the computer and removed the hard drive and totally wiped me out. Plus our library is shut for renovation, so I've had zero computer access for over a week. On the plus side, once I gave him an ultimatum that he couldn't go out until he firgured out how to fix it, he took about 4 hours figuring it out and now knows a LOT more about computers! I had a rough day yesterday. Pip, my Basset, wouldn't move, eat or drink and I was convinced she was going to kick the bucket at any minute. As soon as the kids came home, I rushed to the store for some medicine, and on the way back I got a flat. It took so long for the service guy to get there, I killed the battery by playng the radio and couldn't get the windows up to secure the car. When someone DID show up, it was a young guy, and we couldn't find the spare. After about 20-30 min we found it, then couldn't find the jack. When we at last found it, we couldn't get it out of its' slot. When we finally managed that, the jack was too small to hoist the van, so he had to go back to the shop for a second jack. Over 3 hours, and the whole time I'm thinking I'm going to get home and find my kids hysterical because the dog died. One of the very few times in my life I really panicked, and I had to stay calm and collected throughout. Oh well, I'm sober, and that was yesterday. I'm taking Pip to the vet today as soon as Gordo gets home ( I can't lift her), the car's in the shop and that's about all I can do. Except I cxalled my sponsor and went to a meeting. This big M sucks. I'm going to the Doc tomorrow and praying he can do something, anything to level me out. I started Premarin over a week ago, but no change. But, boy, don't think when I came home and found the dog alive and the kids safe, I didn't want a beer! Vicki
Lauretta
on 3/8/06 1:49 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Vicki, I am so glad you are back!Sorry you had a day from hell. I can relate. I have been struggling for a week. Yesterday I felt I would jump out of my skin. I would have sworn I was flying on speed. Acting like my ass was on fire. But, I decided to turn it over to my HP and am feeling much better today. Damn, sometimes I just want to control everything. I also relate to the female issue. I stopped having periods for 5 months then bam they came back! I am sure that is part of the problem this week. Oh well, I do not need to pick up a white fob for thinking about using anyway. Thursday I get my haircut and that will be great! I am really picky about my hair and I hate it right now. Laurie
lorien
on 3/9/06 1:07 am - morris county, nj
oh man, it never rains but it pours, eh? Sorry you had such an awful day. This may seem like a strange request, but keep us posted on the pup? My animals are truly my kids and I hate to see anything happen to any little critter. On the plus side for me, I haven't had a beer since Saturday night!
Lauretta
on 3/9/06 1:20 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Linda! Good for you. I am finally calmer and still doing all my chores and stuff but giving myself permission to not be too zealous. Old habits. I got my hair colored and cut today which is something I truelly love to do. Nothing like a good hair day. I will be pretty busy on Friday with all the last minute preparations and my daughters Senior prom too but our company are old friends for 32 yr and probably care about the condition of my house much less than I do. They come here every year for the last 10 yr. Not to mention their daughter lives with us and is going to college!I of coarse think it's all about me!!!LOL So happy for you and hope you are going to have another great day. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views