Pain is a reality..

Lauretta
on 3/3/06 2:20 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Suffering is an option. When I first heard this it did not make sense to me. I have come to believe it. Life throws us curves everyday. I have painful experiences just like everyone else. Today I no longer allow it to control my every waking moment. I have a program that is teaching me coping skills. Better coping skills. The ones that come naturally to me are self destructive. I can turn my back on my new skills but I know now that the results will always be the same or worse. I cannot afford to fool myself about this. Just this week I was feeling overwhelmed by the ups and downs of life.Everytime I got some balance I recieved another upsetting bit of news. I was on my way to a 12 step mtg. I had the phone in my hand and wanted to call an old friend and say. meet me at the bar. Instead I went to a meeting. I was alittle shook up at how easy it was to have using thoughts. I have had MUCH worse days. But, the fact is I am an addict so thoughts of using are perfectly normal. The important thing is that I thought it thru to the end and chose to go to the mtg and not go to the bar. Had there not been a mtg. I would have called another recovering addict. I am surely blessed to have this opportunity today.Thinking of all of you who have reached out over the last few weeks and hoping you are doing okay. Hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views