Another day in paradise

Lauretta
on 2/27/06 7:30 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Somedays are just harder than others. I feel nervous and agitated. It is a Monday! They always are hard for me but today was one of those days when I feel like something is off. One child waited until the last posible moment to apply for a very important scholarship, everyone is asking for money two days before payday and my sons truck needs major repairs or purchase another one!!!!! I know I could have much worse problems but in the moment it feels like poop. Tonight I have to attend a dinner with quite a few people I would rather not deal with anyday much less today.Sorry to sound so crabby.Just dealing with life on lifes terms! LOL Going on a cruise in 4 weeks I think we will all be ready for some time out of town. One day at a time, Laurie
lorien
on 2/27/06 8:35 pm - morris county, nj
Sorry you had a bad day. I do know what you mean, though. Yesterday morning my alarm didn't go off . . . I HATE mornings that start like that . . and somehow the rest of the day just seemed to follow the pattern! But today's another day and look what you have to look forward to . . cruises are wonderful! Enjoy!!!
Lauretta
on 2/27/06 11:58 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Linda, And thanks for the kind words. I was being myself just being negative.I am not really but that is how I react to any kind of stress.I get up in my head with it. Today is another day. I will start it by chairing a NA mtg. My daughter is receiving an award from the City Council tonight for her involvement in student government. and another thursday for acedemic acheivement. I am very proud of her. I do not know how I managed to raise such a child! Beauty, brains and personality such a gift. I sound like a braggert.Seriously those three kids I have raised are my biggest success. I need to remember that. Laurie
Northstar
on 2/28/06 7:55 am - Struthers, OH
Hi Laurie Sorry your feeling so overwhelmed. I have a friend who says the difference between addicts and normal people is that when a normal person gets a flat tire they call tripple A but when an addict does the addicts calls the suicide hot line.LOL Sometimes we just struggle with the little things i guess. Hope you are feeling better. I had a rough Monday my self. I let other peoples oppions bother me too much. All that control stuff. I may have to start telling them that what they think is non of my busness. Oh well. Madeline
Lauretta
on 2/28/06 8:15 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Good story Madeline! Yes, it is true. Today is very nice. Chaired the non mtg and had 4 newcomers there. All young women in their late teens and early twenties. Then I went to lunch for some yummy Thai food and had a new set of nails put on and a pedicure. Tonight is the award thing for my daughter. So, today is a nice change from Monday. Hubby is out of town so I think I will surprise him and really do a good job of organizing our room before he gets in town. I have my stuff everywhere. He about kills himself trying to get to the bathroom in the dark! I keep house well except for our room. It is a disaster zone.LOL Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views