i have a problem

Zanetta
on 2/24/06 6:17 am - Washington, DC
hello everyone my name is zanetta. i have been op for a year and a half. everyday it is becoming more clear that i have a problem with food. in the begining when i first had the surgery, i didnt have to worry about me messing up because my stomach wouldnt allow me to eat things like sugar. and that the amount of food was a problem either because if i ate to much i would dump. but now i can eat a little more and can tolerate some sugar some times. the problem i realize that i never dealt with it and it is still here. when i eat something that is good for me. i feel like i dont have the will power to not eat. so i give in and after i eat it i feel like a big loser. and im very angry with myself. and so this becomes a cycle that i do over and over again. the great thing is that i havent gained any weight. so far i have lost 150lbs. but now instead of eating i have stopped eating. i eat a little bit of food. i know this is a problem but i dont know what to do about it. i do take my vitamins and supplements faithfullly every day. i need some advice that makes sense to me. i would like to talk to someone who has been through this or is going through this. what should i do to help this cycle.
Lauretta
on 2/26/06 10:49 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Is there a support group for wls in your area or an overeaters anonymous group? I deal with my issues thru a 12 step group personally. It helps me to have on-going support and awareness. laurie
lorien
on 2/27/06 8:30 pm - morris county, nj
Zanetta, sounds to me like the old diet mentality that all of us have fought. I mean, after all, if we didn't have a problem with food to begin with, we wouldn't have needed WLS, right? Every Monday we're gonna start over and be good! Try not to think of it as a diet anymore, its a lifestyle. Concentrate on 3 healthy meals a day with 2 scheduled snacks and tons of water. And yes, a support group! I went to a WLS support group for almost 2 years and got so much out of it from people just like me. Check with the hospital where you had your surgery . . most of them offer groups now. Good luck, you can do this!
Lauretta
on 3/5/06 10:26 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Zanetta, I was just scrolling thru the posts and was wondering how you are doing with the food issues? I am always dealing with it altho seem to be doing much better lately. I managed to drop 1 pound which is great because the scale did not move for 6 months! Hope you are doing well. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views