disgusted

sweetdarling_ab
on 2/20/06 2:03 pm - Calgary, Canada
hi, i am someone who never even had a alchol (don't even know how to spell it thats bad****il about 6 months ago...as the days went by it got easier and easier to use it as a way to deal with stress. the last week was not to bad..but today had a major relapse...got absolutely drunk and passed out beside my 3 yr old as he was watching cartoons...i do not want to be this way anymore..i want to stop..i want to also quit using food as a way to cope with feelings...absolutely sabotaging my weight loss gained 25 pounds...joined la weightloss...but can't do nothing till i do deal with my adiction to alchol..i have reached out for help...wanted to do a 30 out patient treatment program...i am on disability and they refuse to pay unless i do intreatment centre.....have no family or friends that can watch my son...don't want him in foster care. i feel so scared alone and discusted with my self...ny mom killed herself when i was seven because of addiction don't want that for my son. Dawn
lorien
on 2/20/06 8:41 pm - morris county, nj
oh honey. Have you got anyone you're close enough to who'd be willing to take your son for a little bit while you get some help? You know, our "help" system is amazing, its all or nothing. No room for compromise. Sad. Very frustrating. I myself am just beginning to realize that I've got a problem. Family doesn't know, and I live alone. The only thing I can offer you is a big hug from across the miles and hope that you find a way out. Linda
Northstar
on 2/21/06 8:25 am - Struthers, OH
I am sorry to here about your problems. I live in Ohio and we have inpatient programs that allow you to bring your children. Have you tried self help groups or online counseling? Good luck to you Madeline
Lauretta
on 2/26/06 10:46 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dawn, I sure hope you have found someone to watch your child so you can find the help you need. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views