Time out

vickiang
on 2/20/06 2:11 am - Austin, TX
Do you know how different life is sober in even the most mundane ways? I got up at 5:30, dressed, makeup, hair, even brushed my teeth! (and you know what I mean) Went to an AA meeting,worked out some kinks, then to the doc's, got an iron injection and a prescription for progesterone and estrogen, went to the chiropractor and got readjusted ( I was all out of whack from the sleepless nights and swelling) then to the gym and worked out, hot shower. And I am down 1.3 pounds even tho' I ate M & M's last night. And popcorn. Side note: Sometimes it's just worth eating the danged M & Ms instead of having a 2-3 hours struggle. I just did 1/2 hour more on the bike. It was a fair trade. But with alcohol and drugs, there is no such thing. Those of you lurking, if not here, then where? I was a 370 pound drunk and in 10 years, two relapeses, one a 3 drink DUI relapse. Save yourselves...connect here or somewhere. I have yet to see a roomful of addicts who will judge you because you are not perfect. This is an anonymous forum; even more so than groups, because we don't see your face or really know your real name. Start here. Vicki
Lauretta
on 2/20/06 8:58 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Good point Vicki. I have not received any unpleasant or unwelcome contacts from my posting on this board. I admit I was a little reluctant but took the plunge. I have had some good responses others posted or emailed and never responded again. I am not giving up. If someone comes here and Thinks they have a problem or needs help finding a meeting, or just wants to reach out I think it is valuable. So for today I will hang in here and hope others come on board. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views