Another sober day

vickiang
on 2/18/06 10:09 pm - Austin, TX
Thank God! This last week was a real tough one. I never knew sleep deprivation felt so much like being drunk! I had to stick really close to my meetings and sponsor. Just like a baby, but I didn't get drunk Yay! I almost didn't ask for the ambien. Big Julie, one of the original AA women with 57 years, really looks down on drugs in any way, shape or form. But when it gets to the point where I'm dizzy, need to drive the kids in the car, feel like I'm going to relapse...I have to put my sobriety first. Checked with my sponsor first, of course. And made sure with doc that it's non-addictive. BTW, it may "hurt" but there's nothing as refreshing as coming clean with your doc. He/she probably knows anyway. I was too embarrassed. I wrote a letter and gave it to the nurse for him to read before I saw him. He walked in and gave me a big hug and has been in my corner ever since. So now I feel "normal" again. There would have been nothing righteous about me staying away from the ambien only to try to drink myself to sleep. Those of you trying to get started on a healthy day, getting disappointed because you don't make it all of the way, just remember...failing is not when you don't succeed; it's when you stop trying. Vicki
meandpugs
on 2/19/06 6:28 am - valrico, FL
Hi there Vicki, I too am sober another day!!!!!Yippee!!! I told my PCP from the begining she has always been on my side and I love her she is great. I have to take 1/2 a trazadone at night to sleep. And a antidepressant every morning to feel like myself.... I have been doing great this past week, started going to my meetings and meeting others that can relate to what I am going thru... That helps out alot this is a fact. I have started lossing weight again too that is a BIG PLUS... still need to lose 35-40 pounds... I hope you have a great day.... Cyndee
Lauretta
on 2/19/06 1:34 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
It sounds like both of you had good days. Me too.Overall I stayed on track with my eating. I went to a babyshower for a member of the fellowship. And made a plan with my husband to address all the little projects we hope to accomplish before our daughter graduates in May.I think we actually came up with a realistic plan. We are not getting any younger and frankly do not enjoy home improvement projects like we used to. My youngest son is going to start getting the boat ready for spring so we can get out and enjoy it when the weather warms a little more. Honestly, I think he is more motivated to do it so he can go cobia fishing!! He is 16 yr old and drives me crazy. Not a bad kid but 16! No school on Monday so I guess the boat is a good way to keep him busy but I would be happier if he had finished his room and blown the leaves I asked him to do today. It is always a battle. I have not lost any real weight but staying hydrated better and holding less water weight these last few days. Catch ya later, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views