So far so good...sorta

vickiang
on 2/15/06 7:15 am - Austin, TX
Not perfect, but I just couldn't stand myself if I were too perfect! I started out with a shake, mid-morning about 3/4 of a small apple, lunch was f/f cottage cheese topped with pepperocinis (never have done this before, but was craving pickles), I'm now drinking a sample of tea Nectar and am steaming some asparagus to have on hand in case I get real munchy. Got my Ferrlecit injection, just jabbed myself with B12. Now here comes the squirelly part, which amuses me and I know at least one of you can relate. So I go to my AA meeting, do some Walmart returns, get to the gym, am halfway dressed and discover I forgot my shoes. So I had to come home and there wasn't enough time, or so I tell myself, to work out before seeing the Doc. However, being determined, I vow to go to the gym straight after the Docs. I get to the Doc's; he's on the second floor. I have stairs to the left of me and an elevator to the right. So I push the button and up I go. Down I went, too. Now how ludicrous is that to sweat my guts out and take the lift up one floor! I did park far away though. I had to stop at the store to get some ground beef for Gordo's special request for Shepherd's pie. I'm on my way to the checkers and there's a huge display of Valentine's candy 75% off. That is glutton hell for me. Could have passed it up at full price! So I actually stand there comatose, staring at it for at least a full three minutes or more minutes..don't know, I kinda blacked out. Then I decide, actually make the decision, to buy a bag of peanut M & Ms, because that's almost health food, don't you know. Get to the car, open the package and eat a handful, AFTER checking the caloric content (not like yesterday's cookies) 200 calories. I get to the gym, do my regular workout, then add 50 crunches for the elevator and half an hour, 200 calories, on the bike for a full hour total. I guess I could have just not eaten the M&Ms and taken the stairs. But I'll never be perfect. So I have to balance things out. I DID actually go back to the gym whereas most people would bail. I did park further away although there was a spot right in front of the door. I DID make a conscious decision to eat the peanuts and IMMEDIATELY compensate for them. And man, oh man, those peanuts were good. I didn't chew them; I sucked those babies for all they were worth! No shepherd's pie for me tonight, though. Vicki
Lauretta
on 2/15/06 2:23 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
You are funny Vicki. I am doing a little better today. I actually got my protein but ate 3 peices of valentine candy. Part of me says eat it up and it will be gone!!! I have vowed to get to the gym 3 times next week. I am putting it off because my house NEEDS help and I will feel even more crazy if I do not address it first. I have bruises because it is so messy I bump into things in the dark. I am going to actually cook a good nutricious dinner on Thursday. I do not cook much these days. My kids are older and involved in so much and hubby travels. I may even wash my car since it is going to be 70 degrees out. But realistically I won't get to it until Friday. I do feel better when I take my vitamins and protein so why do I skip it? Who knows. Just bad old behavior. Self destructive ways. Wishing us both success in the am. Get some sleep. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views