I am my own best Valentine!

vickiang
on 2/14/06 2:49 am - Austin, TX
I didn't sleep last night more than 3 hours. Rick came in late and woke me up and let the cat in, too. Didn't have the heart to throw her out because for the first time she crawled up inside my chest, lay her head on my arm and made me spoon her all night. She's always been a between the knees gal. Lol! Hubby's on one side of the bed and I'm spooning the cat! Anyway, regardless, I was surfing my AA intergroup site at 3am (LOL, nothing better to do than surf AA ? Actually I was trying to find a morning meeting because I know after 2 nights no sleep and a relapse 2 1/2 months ago, that spells danger!) and I found a brand new 6:30 meeting only 12.1 miles away! Yippee!!! Really gets me in the right frame of mind, especially since I am, by nature, a morning grump. Reminds me stay stay focused, gives me some things to think about, a few chuckles, comraderie. The nightime band-aid approach doesn't work for me. By then I'm just trying to fix the mistakes I made all day long! Also makes me go to bed early, thereby nixing the nightime munchy (and drinky) monster. Then I took the kids to scool and went to the gym for a workout, even though I was afraid I would fall off the bike. Then to the store to buy lots of yummys like chicken, fish, asparagus, salad makings, greens... Do you think it's OK if I eat now like a wolf and pass out for an hour? Well, already did the former; 1/4 carton f/f cottage cheese, 1 pluot, 4 slices deli angus roast beef. Had a smoothie w f/f milk, water, whey banana and a few strawberries (not the whole naner; 1/3) before I worked out. That's it so far, but I'm FULL! Some days this wouldn't even scratch the surface. Weird how that happens. Usually happens when I'm near the top of my range, which I am. Amazing that the body can work on auto pilot when I listen to it, especially after decades of abuse. Gordo is having me take him to the store after school so he can buy his friend, Divia, a box of chocolates. I'm not ready for this!!!! He went to a dance Friday and danced with lots of girls and even an 8th grader. I asked him what made him ask an eigth grader and he said ""Cuz MOM, she was hot!!" And he's not yet 13! Kill me. Vicki
meandpugs
on 2/14/06 3:25 am - valrico, FL
Vicki I need a AA group how do I find one? I am drowning!!!!! cyndee
Lauretta
on 2/14/06 9:37 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Cyndee if you Google Alcoholics Anonymous and your state you should find a schedule. In my town they are listed in the local paper. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views