Heck in a handbasket!

vickiang
on 2/12/06 9:48 pm - Austin, TX
You know how I said Flower bothered me and I couldn't sleep? So I'm lying there doing my "list" thing in my head, planning out my day in 30 min slots, arranging the order of errands to optimize my route...got it all figured out. Even thinking what to wear to lunch with the girls. So Gordon wakes up 15 minutes ago and is pretty sick. He has to stay home from school. So much for careful planning...I'm grounded! Now even 3 years ago, when I was still trying to lose, manage my food, exercise, vites and supps and admittedly still practicing some obsessive compulsive behavior, this would have really thrown me for a loop. Not having control over my daily life, at least my perception of not having control, would have ruined my attitude. But hey, I'm a Mom, kids happen. Life happens. No biggie. Gordo comes first. Just a lightbulb moment when I realized I guess I actually HAVE made some progress after all. And I really am still in control of what I do today. I can eat well, and that set of weights might now be a wall decoration after all. Vicki
Lauretta
on 2/13/06 5:45 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki, I feel like I have lived this day for you many times. Especially the list making.Lists are my passion. I planned to make one last night but never did because I am afraid of the power they have over me. I have gotten very careful about what I make a list about. I will be a slave to a list and sometimes write very unrealitic goals. Instead I just started doing what I would have written and so far I have cleaned 3 rooms.I started the 4th but had to take a break. I am so OC!!! I never realized just how much until I started working on my sobriety. Hope the little one feels better soon. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views