HALT

vickiang
on 2/12/06 7:31 pm - Austin, TX
Flower, my Calico, decided to go on a kneading binge at about 3am, then demand a full body scratch. It's 5am now, can't go back to sleep..What does this have to do with wls? HALT, hungry, angry, lonely, tired. Now I know, for a fact, I'm going to be dragging my heinie with 4 hours of sleep. I also know I'll be hungry, as I'm at the top of my range and need to cut back for a week or so and up my workout. I won't be angry, but I'll be a tad frustrated because I'm going to a Persian restaurant which I have wanted to go to for a year, and they have my old nemesis: the buffet. Then tomorrow it's Valentine's dinner at an Asian buffet. Food restriction combined with two high quality, ethnic buffets are not a good pairing for me! So, I'll just have to be proactive. Go to the gym even if I might fall off the treadmill, dress very nicely, which keeps me aware and feeling good. Keep busy..dirty house will have to wait...I need to be away from the frig. And relax. After all, I'm 168, not 370! But the real kicker is, why didn't I just get up and throw out the cat? Vicki
lorien
on 2/13/06 1:09 am - morris county, nj
Because you love the little critter, that's why! Tess often sleeps on my pillow and decides in the middle of the night that my hair needs grooming. Now THAT'S a fun way to spend your night! I can't roll over because Rags is on my feet, my back hurts, but I won't disturb him. But then, they're my kids!
Lauretta
on 2/13/06 5:39 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Vicki, I can relate. I have 2 dogs and a cat. Hubby let me sleep in Sunday and I could not fall asleep last night. Vicious cycle because I am a night owl by nature so staying up late for me is after 3 am!!!! I know he meant well but I have a heck of a time maintaining a healthy time clock. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views