Self-acceptance

Lauretta
on 2/9/06 9:05 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
That was a topic I discussed with others today. What I can see is that the better I see my character defects the better I feel about myself. I am not a bad person nor will I ever be perfect. I am a work in progress. Today my head is quieter and I can see and respond to things instead of endlessly moving along on my own distorted self will. Laurie
vickiang
on 2/10/06 2:37 am - Austin, TX
You are on the same page. Even 10 yrs. sober, 5 yrs. at goal, I have truoble with the fact that everyone sees me as a loser. Is that because I was fat? I lived in Asia, started my own business, made some mula. So what's that all about? I have 2 houses, support 2 households in Singapore. I'm putting kids through college and taking care of ageing people with zero money. Vivcki
Lauretta
on 2/10/06 9:59 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
No I do not think it is because you were fat. I think it is because you are an addict and thats how our brains work. Left to our own thinking without checks and balances we will self destruct. I think we got fat because we used food like anything else to fill up that painful hole we live with if the disease is running amuk in our lives. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views