Hi, My name is Danny

Danny Riggs
on 2/2/06 7:49 am - Houston, TX
...and I am an addict. It is truly by the grace of God that I am not using today. I lived in active addiction for 20 years before beginning my recovery on December 29, 2005. I am a newbie to the world of recovery but have discovered more about myself in the last 36 days than I did in the 20 years leading up to them. This is my first day to visit this group and look forward to making some new friends here. Just for Today. Danny
Lauretta
on 2/2/06 8:04 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Welcome Danny, I am new to this forum. I spent a lot of time on the main board starting in 2003. I had surgery in 2004. Got clean 19 months ago. I try to embrase recovery. It is a daily repreave. Today I am struggling. Not with the desire to use, rather with my acting out. I am preparing for a trip to Disney and packing up a family sets me free. I get all crazy and compulsive. I think I will do a bit more and maybe enjoy a cup of coffee with my sponsor later tonight. Congrat on your 36 days! It gets better it gets different but it is a daily effort to reap the rewards. One day at a time, Laurie
lorien
on 2/2/06 8:41 pm - morris county, nj
Welcome! this website is full of warm, wonderful, fabulous, caring people. Continued success in your recovery!
Loril
on 2/3/06 1:23 pm - Hopkins, MN
Welcome Danny- I admit I am just a lurker but find comfort in reading other's posts. I wasn't an addict before my wls -or I didnt think I was, I didn't view food as an addiction. But since the surgery I found I am drinking a lot--not only a lot, but OFTEN. I used to drink socially (and I wasn't very social). And "felt sorry" for those who couldn't beat it. I lost 2 (almost 3) friends to alcoholism in the past and thought, gee...what a disease. I don't get it. OMG I get it now...same thing/different addiction. I hope I don't come across as making light of it (food vs others) but it has been so enlightening. But now the big question-what does one do about it? AA seems so drastic since I'm only 10 mo into the drinking...I picture some 17/57 yr old or someone whose had a crazy life-time of drinking. I have just discovered it (my weakness) at 37-I'm 38 now. BUT YEAH! to you, keep it up. Don' hesitate to E-mail with any insight/advice you may have. I welcome it. Lori
randy
on 2/4/06 11:19 am - Waupun, WI
I am Randy and I am an alcoholic. it is by the grace of God that today I/we are sober. you'll find that "not drinking" is truly the easy part and changing the years and years of destructive negative feelings and all those thousands and thousands of thoughts that destroy ours minds and put us back into that place where we believe drinking will take us out of is actually the hard part, feel free to email me if you struggle or have any questions.....I have a number of 24 hours under my belt which by no means makes me an expert but i have found that by helping others in their recovery I am also helping myself.....oh, find a sponser and us him often. God Bless
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views