Vigilance

Lauretta
on 2/1/06 4:50 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi everyone, I wrote vigilance because that is what I have to do. Today I overslept and had some things I needed to do. Truth is I did not want to do it. Nothing major but still I needed to do them. No one would MAKE me do it. So after an hour of procrastination I got off my a** and did it. I had a great day after that. You see for me, it is a simple thing to slip back into self will. The fact is I spent a lifetime doing what I want and not what I should do. Sometimes they were the same thing but too often it was not.What my addict brain wants for me is to live in the disease. Then one day leads to the next of the same behavior. Thanks for listening... Laurie
Danny Riggs
on 2/2/06 7:46 am - Houston, TX
Thanks, Laurie. I am having to force myself to remain vigilent in my recovery today. I must remember that living life on life's terms means that I won't get, nor do I need to get what I want when I want how I want. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that active addiction may seem easier, but RECOVERY is more rewarding. Keep the faith even if it's Just for the NEXT FIVE MINUES.
Lauretta
on 2/2/06 8:11 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Danny, I just checked out your profile and do not give up! Don't forget that by staying clean you will do better post op and you will not be consuming all those alcohol calories! Insurance is such a hassle. I was very lucky in that area but today I have different coverage and would have a big problem getting it covered. Still I say do not give up. I have seen a lot of people finally get approved. For me a twelve step program has really helped me deal with food issues. It is similar behavior. Good luck!!!! Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views