A moth into the flame

vickiang
on 1/25/06 4:23 pm - Austin, TX
I have some boundaries to set. Family stuff. Not very easy...long time coming, but I have to reclaim my space, especially since I am not the fatty anymore. Hmph...don't know what they'll do w/o me being the fat one and the one who gets drunk!!! We shall see. Been a long time they have kept me in this place, despite being at goal and sober for some time now. And you think "i" don't want to let go? I feel for them. I'm the one who rocked the boat. Vicki
Lauretta
on 1/26/06 8:14 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hey Vicki, Boundries wow that a biggie! Most of my issues involve this one. I just worked my step 4 and that was a glaring reality. I have gotten so much insight tho. It is funny that when I started to go to meetings and developed my own network of friends, my husband was and is very supportive. My kids ages 16, 17 and 21, had a problem with mom having her own life. I would go out for coffee and maybe get in late and they didn't quite know what to think of that. I get calls all the time.. wanting to know what I am doing. I am glad they care but at first it was because they expected me to be available 24/7 IF they wanted me. My house was a mess and no one ever helped keep it up. I retired so everyone just assumed I would be the maid. It has taken awhile but now they pitch in more. They have come to see how happy I am and are proud of me. Just take your time. I still sometimes get hurt because family jumps to conclusions about me and then I realize they do not know for sure how I will react to things because historically I was so unpredictable. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views