Get serious

vickiang
on 1/25/06 7:55 am - Austin, TX
Does anyone here think that I, having lived overseas and had a successful business, having been a Nat Merit Scholar sent to China to reoresent the US, having done chAMBWR OF COMMERECE, EMBASSIES ALL OVER THE world, CONSULATES AS MY BEST FRIENDS, TAILORED MADE CLOTHES, EXPENSE ACCOUNT... THAT i WOULD BECOME A DRUNK? i NEVER WANTED TO BE PRESIDENT OF aa. lIFE HAPPENS. wE HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AND GO ON. a GENOME WAS DISCOVERED LAST YEAR FOR ALCOHOLISM And addiction ( sorry, too lazy to change it the caps. bear w/me) We are not at fault. But it is no different from having diabetes or anything else which will kill us if we don't take care. It is what it is. Nothing moral, just something we have to deal with. Vicki
Lauretta
on 1/25/06 9:38 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Vicki, No one wants to be addicted. We just are. Accepting it is the biggest hurdle. Otherwise we die. Some have a short fuse some of us a long fuse. The results are it always catches up with us at some point and we either deal with it or die from it. I am on my way out the door to a meeting. Had to grab a quick espresso, my personal indulgence these days and check my messages before I go. Morbid obesity gave me diabetes but I lost weight and have no symptoms today. So I will keep going to meetings and work my program and stay clean so I can arrest the other things. I have been a nurse for 28 years and it didn't save me from the pain. Hang in there girl!! Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views