Powerless/unmanageable

vickiang
on 12/18/05 11:57 pm - Austin, TX
I got an interesting assignment from my sponsor. Thought it was boring 'til I really started thinking about it. I have to list 10 instances when I was powerless over alcohol. The 10 ways in which my life is unmanageable. The latter is even now, when I'm sober, like when hubby is in a cruddy mood, the kids are bickering, the dogs are howling and the house is in chaos. I'll post my results here. I'll suggest the exercise on the other boards, but results are for this forum only. I know there must be lurkers out there. If not now, then definitely during recruitment season; Jan 1-8 especially! Chime in and help yourself. We don't have to let addictions, whatever they are, beat the crap out of us. We're winning the battle with food, step by step. We can do it with other things as we get stronger. It's not about doing it "right". It's about pulling yourself up and getting back in the saddle when that damn horse throws you off! Vicki
BK
on 1/3/06 3:32 am - Staten Island, NY
How Funny I just came back from my lunch time meeting and the topic discussed today was Powerless and unmanageable. I am very new to AA like a week new. I have been an alcoholic since as long as I can remember. I am 34 now but I remember passing out as early as 16 years old. It progressed with my 4 yrs in the Army. ! year in Germany did not help. I met my wife after a very bad vehicle accident so I was in a dry stage but soon she was pregnant and the celebration began. Now 7 yrs later I have been a functional alcoholic never missing a day of work I have become a closet binge drinker. I am now on the fringe of hitting rock bottom. I have been outed at work. my wife is fed up and ready to leave. I could not stand the thought of not being with my 2 boys. She has promised to nurse me back to health after my surgery, but has not promised me much more than that. I don't blame her and I know I have disappointed her time after time. Hopefully I can get my **** together and break these chains.
vickiang
on 1/6/06 3:43 pm - Austin, TX
OMG! I used to live in this incredible cylindrycal building, top floor 31st. My girlfriend and I got drunk, first time, and puked all over the balcony. Not on, over the rail. I had heard a penny from that height would kill a person, ans was terrified my puke was going to wipe some one out! Of course, that didn't stop me. Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views