Sometimes I hate feeling

vickiang
on 12/13/05 11:30 am - Austin, TX
The good news is I'm not drinking or stuffing my face.. We were supposed to go to the symphony tonight. You can probably imagine after losing weight that I was pretty excited about having a chance to dress up and go out. But the kids started fighting so much, I had to nix our plans. I HATE having to punish the kids when it's something I really want to do too! But it would have been miserable...after a few minutes, hubby was in **** poor mood, too, and the whole family went to hell in a handbasket. I did something I've not done before; I left. Not in anger, tho' I was mightily frustrated and disappointed to tears. But I just had to remove myself from the situation. Usually I remove myself from a situation with food or drink, but that's not an option anymore. Wish I could have stayed and handled it in a mature fashion, but I gotta do what I gotta do to protect my sobriety and sanity around food. I think I did well, in that I did the best I could at the time. And I didn't binge and I'm sober. Yay! I bought a blouse and a sweater. Retail therapy perhaps? 75% off with an additional 20%...cheaper than a 12 pack! Oh well. I have a womans' luncheon tomorrow. I'll get all gussied up for that instead. Hope you all are on the path. If not, reach out. Vicki
meandpugs
on 12/15/05 2:49 am - valrico, FL
Hey I can take lessons from you "SHOPPING" My only problem is that when I get so pissed that I leave I am usually headed for the liquor store,for either a bottle of wine or some vodka... And trust me when I say that I have not found my outlet... I did go see my PCP today and talked to her about it... And ask her to give me a referral to see a shrink to try to find where my deepest problems lie.. and why I always want to turn to a bottle... She gave me calonipan(sp) but it takes so long to work that I have to take 1 if I think I am going to get the earge to drink ...I guess I need to have 1-2 of those everyday But I also don't want to pick up 1 habit in place of another.. You know what I meen? ANy way I hush now and quit rambleing...Cyndee
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views