Drinking Problem

vickiang
on 12/9/05 8:50 pm - Austin, TX
Well, looks like we're all in the right place! Couple of comments- Throw the notion that you can get over it in a day out the window. Post wls, it takes a looong time to metabolize alcohol. If I get drunk, I'm still drunk the next morning and it takes at least 2 days to burn it off. Read the article I posted this morning and you'll see what I mean. I just tried Campral. Unfortunately, it made me break out in a horrible red, itchy rash and I had to stop. So I guess I'm stuck with you guys. Or I should say visa versa LOL! I'm doing my 90/90. I have no desire to stop drinking. I have a desire to stop the negative consequences. And this is after ten years in the program! It took only 1 drink to throw my serenity out of the window! Well, you know what they say about AA.. It really f---s up your drinking! Anyway, we can do this, just for today. Anyone who feels like taking a drink can email me and we'll exchange phone numbers if we need to. I'm doing a lot of work online these next couple of weeks, so I'll be here. Often in the middle of the night, damn it! Ok, deep breath. Left foot, right foot.. Stick the tiger back in its' cage and life is actually pretty danged good! Vicki
walkerl35
on 12/15/05 2:26 am - Houston, TX
What happened to start this. Lets talk about it. my email is [email protected] and I will call you from my cell because I want to know what happened in your life to make this drastic dependency on alcohol. I have had issues with alcohol after my surgery and I would just like to discuss them.
debbee4709
on 10/21/05 6:07 pm - Meridian, ID
Hi there girls, sounds like you both have realized that drinking is not a good option for you anymore, Have either of you tried AA, I am a recovering Alcoholic and Methamphetamine Addict. Ive been drug free for just over 3 years, and after a 1 night relapse, have been both drug and alcohol free for just over 2 years. AA saved my life, I was slowly (sometimes quickly) killing myself, and would have eventually ended up in prison. I made it look good on the outside, always maintained my home, took care of my son, and never lost a job, but I was completely dead emotionally and spirtually and was doing lots of physical damage. I thank god everyday that I found the rooms of AA. Please consider checking it out.
randy
on 12/23/05 7:12 am - Waupun, WI
I was sober for about 3 years previous to surgery but have battle being a drunk for just about as long as I can remember. I started drinking again after surgery, and will get into more detail about this later. I am pressed for time now, getting ready for work. but I do want to say i have been sober again for a good many "24 hours" and what really helps me is A.A. i am around all the time and if anyone wants to talk feel free to email me. Will be on the forum more in the future, i have actually been looking for an A.A. forum or recovery forum or something to discuss troubles, difficulties, find an ear (or set of eyes) to listen once and awhile, but to really be there for anyone else that may be suffering and to lend a hand if i can. have a merry Christmas. and remember He is the reason for the season!! God Bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views