Food addict...

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/05 12:45 am - SC
Hello to all. I felt this may be the only "safe" place to post. I really want to smack myself right now. Over the past few months I have been establishing some really bad habits. Unfortunatley, I found out I don't dump on much. That is a BAD thing. I wish I would get deathly ill when I ate sugar products. I now understand what everyone was trying to tell me preop...this is just a tool. It has truly been a great tool. But, I must say I have been working around the tool lately. I am very frustrated. I feel those same nasty guilt feelings when I eat the things I shouldn't and the same thoughts of, "I will get back on track...no carbs today." I feel I am truly a carb junking. It started when I was new postop and had a hard time eating protein. Carbs were just easier. Carbs must truly be from the devil! Now it seems I am totally hooked on carbs once again. Luckily, I can't eat rice. That is a good thing. I have stopped exercising like I should and can't seem to get my head together. Anyone else in this boat? It seems when I hit my one-year I stopped losing weight. I want to lose at least 30 more lbs. I certainly don't want to gain any. I know I am consuming WAY too many calories and feel I don't have anywhere to turn. The family and friends I have would think I was nuts and there are "pro-losers" on the main board that would totally flog me! I want to be anti-carb, but have a hard time saying NO! Any tips or tricks out there. Carbs have been calling my name all day. But, I have behaved today. I drank my coffee and ate some skinless smoked sausage. I have loads of head hunger right now and carbs are screaming my name! I feel like a heroin addict! How awful to be such a sick person. I am truly ashamed of myself and just want to wire my jaws shut! Any advice?? Thanks, Marsha "Sad in SC"
loinrc
on 8/25/05 11:14 pm - Rapid City, SD
Can so relate ladies! I am right there with you. We just gotta keep showing up, doing the best we can. I am up 4 pds right now and I want to stop it there. Yes, Carbs are evil. Don't bring them into the house. Exercise, water, protein. We know it all it is just getting motivated to do it. I'll be pulling for you both! Lucy
kat m
on 8/27/05 10:01 am - KS
hello, i had lapband and can understand your ability to eat around your tool. my first fill for my band is scheduled for next monday and i know my cheating days are about to end. currently i can eat about anything cause i have no band restriction. my idea was to plan my meals and snacks...to avoid the last minute help of my carb ridden brain! LOL also one of the girls on our site found a little helper called "slim mints" they are an appetite suppressant...and contain chromium too. found em at walmart. they do work...surprise, surprise...so i bought a few..LOL. good luck and dont give up. kat
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/05 10:47 pm
candy girl
on 11/26/05 7:02 am - chicopee, MA
I have the same problem of not dumping and being able to eat anything. my worst enemy is sugar. I can eat all kinds od sweets especially candy and no dumping I also need help and need to get back on track haven't gain any weight but have not loss anything in a month.. kristy
Jenny B.
on 12/12/05 2:40 am - Twin Cities, MN
I have realized that this surgery, RNY, was not as helpful as I thought it was going to be. Ultimately, it is because I am addicted to food. I am emotionally and chemically addicted. I am even addicted to certain textures. I don't dump either. I am only a month out and I can eat anything I want. I am trying not to beat my self up about it, in fact, this struggle is revealing that I need help. I need to be in a support group for addicted people. I am looking and waiting and praying for the right group to commit to. I know that God is most interested in my heart, and this is where the addiction is rooted. I am at the same place as you all, and all I can do is trust God to make a way for me . . . I need to stop avoiding pain or pacifying it with lies. God Bless you. Turn to Him. It is all we can to do.
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/05 9:07 pm - SC
Jenny: Don't give up! You CAN do this! This journey is not a cure for our heads. They operated on our stomachs, not our brains. I am also a food addict. But, the one thing I try to do is THINK. I stay on the scales. I go up and down 5 lbs depending on that time of the month. I came from 343 lbs and am down to 195 ish. I am disappointed that I cannot seem to shake that last 30 lbs. But, I am also grateful that I have lost a little over 150 lbs! I have come a long way. But, I still struggle daily with food. I just try to find some rules that I don't break, at least not very often. I found I cannot follow ALL of the rules, but I can be as rigid as possible about some. Protein first, no drinking with my meal, take my vitamins. So, find what you CAN do. Can you make yourself walk if you eat sugar, etc. ?? I think for me the surgery just helps me to think. The holidays are especially tough. But, they will pass! God bless you MUCH and the best of luck to you. Marsha
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views