Miracle Man - Are There Others Like Me Out There Too?

ChipBean
on 4/6/04 3:19 pm - Schaumburg, IL
My first miracle is that I am a 52 year old male, alive and well today. I am a greatful recovering cocaine freebase addict of seventeen years. I am also a greatful Recovering Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor for four years. My demons seem to be getting more difficult, as well as more cunning, baffling, and powerful. I can only hope I have at least one more recovery in me. Are there any others out there with similar stories? I know today that I am no longer unique, but I could use someone with their story to help bolster my endurance. I personally take very little to no credit for my recoveries. I believe my first sponsor, in one of the anonymous programs that exist, and a power greater than myself(that I choose to cal God) deserve all of the credit. Anyway, I am once again being chased by at least one more of the demons that is still out there. My largest fear beside defeat by this demon, is that there will be yet another bigger demon to face next. This demon, "Morbid Obesity" has many heads. The first one tells me that my insurance will never cover my medical and surgical expenses and I will be hopelessly in debt for the rest of my life if I follow thru with this. The second head tells me that I probably just have a quite common need, "MORE". I will never be satisfied by just overcomming my morbid obesity but, that I will still need more. The last head, I see right now, tells me that if my "God" helps me to overcome this a well that Satan wil come up with yet another demon for me to get behind me. This last head(I think and pray) is the one that keeps me going. There is always rhe possibility of more heads springing up. But, I know that ther is no enemy more powerful than my God. I stand on this. But, I really want to get this demon behind me. Then, go ahead, bring the next one on.
mike L.
on 4/13/04 7:28 am - lewistown, PA
Well here is one like you.I'm a 47 year old male who has 5 years clean and sober.I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to find someone else in the prrogram in here.I'm trusting in God to get me through this like he gives me that daily reprieve from my addictions.And i know as long as i put it in His hands those other heads don't matter.I don't ever limit my addiction to one drug because first of all I don't beleive the drug is the addiction just a symptom of it like my sponser says if drugs were the problem detox would be turning out miracles everyday.I used fo 33 years and now I try to turn things over like your doing.I know this is just another stepping stone on learning to live life on lifes terms.I'm just in the fist stages of getting ready for this and I know that no matter what happens its his will and like you It sure would be nice to talk to another recovering addict about this.
Charlotte J.
on 4/26/04 11:09 am - Charleston, WV
Wow You have been through a lot and I want you to know that you can do this with God. I will be praying for you. God Bless you .
susan17821
on 2/21/05 6:35 pm - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12
Chip, One thing to keep in mind is that Satan is the author of confusion. Draw your daily strength from God. He gives peace that passes all understanding, also, he clears up all the confusion that the enemy sends our way.. God Bless, Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1699 views