incest/sexual abuse survivor and healthy sex?

Trauma Queen
on 1/26/06 3:47 am - Jacksonville, FL
Is it possible? I found I have alot of work to do on myselvs before I can even begin any type of relationship. Whether it be emotional or sexual. Alot of past stuff is overflowing into the present, and I find myself unable to say no to things that are NOT OK for us. Has anyone dealt with promiscuity after WLS? If so, how was it handled? I am a MP (mutliple personality) so alot of our insiders have varying issues surrounding sex...whether to have it, ewww its gross, OMG no way, yes..please I want it NOW, etc.. I/we are working on these subjects in therapy, but its still a very long and hard road.
ree
on 1/26/06 11:24 am - Red Oak, TX
wow I do not know what the right answer is but I am sure with thereapy and prayer it will all work out. I wish you the best.
HeatherM419
on 1/28/06 11:31 pm - Pasadena, MD
Hi Donna - I personally have not dealt with promiscurity after WLS, but my sister is 2 years post-op and has dealt with it. She has finally learned that just because a man finds her attractive doesn't mean she has to sleep with him. It took my mom and I a long LONG time to get that through her head, and she had some nasty relationship issues, but she is slowly coming around. If you want to ask any questions, please feel free to email me privately. - Heather
Lisa Taylor
on 1/29/06 1:25 pm - Pasadena, CA
I haven't been post op but for about 2 and a half months. We are multiple as well. One part of me if allowed would be very promiscuious. It's just the rest of us find it repulsive. We are working on this in theraoy as well. It has been a huge issue lately. Email me anytime if you want.
niki28
on 5/4/07 12:22 pm - Lexington, SC
I had sex problems but the opposite. I freaked out just before my boyfriend and I tried to. We waited a year to have sex, because of my problem. I didnt explain everthing that happened to me to him, but I gave him the jist and told him that I need him to as soon as I asked him to stop to help me feel safe. He was great about this and I got over my problem a lot quicker. I felt in control which I never felt in sex before.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views