Hi

debbie W.
on 5/18/04 10:22 am - philadelphia, pa
I think it is a great idea to have this forum on here, there are many, many, abuse stories to be told, I am sure! My abuse started after when I gained weight and it continued for many years until I finally saw the light. I met him when I was 14, I married young at 17 and now I am 47. Giving birth to my daughter at 39 made me realize that I couldn;t allow her to grow up around the constant demeaning remarks and put downs, and then being told that I was crazy, nuts, out of my mind or it just never happened. And then in the next breath telling me how much he adored and worshiped me. It was a real nightmare. A true blessing for me are my children, I have two older sons 23 and 19, and my daughter who is 8 now. They, hopefully have been listening to me all along about the dynamics of abuse and control. So far, so good... Thanks, for listening. Debbie
CarolineAnnMartin
on 5/22/04 10:59 am - Collegeville, PA
Hi Debbie Welcome to this OH message board. It's pretty quiet here much of the time, and I am guilty of not visiting often, but I did want to wave hi. Keep doing what you need to do to take care of you and your kids You are so so worth it!!!!! Sending smiles your way today, Caroline
debwatkins
on 5/25/04 2:40 am - philadelphia, PA
Thanks Caroline, I would describe my life now as quite peaceful. The internet helped me a lot to get through a very difficult, confusing time. I learned a tremendous amount of info re abuse and control. It was something that I didn't want to recognize in my own family of origin and in order for me to see it I had to recognize that first. Not physical abuse, but the verbal, mental, emotional kind that hurts just as much and does a lot of harm in the long run. Recognizing it has allowed me to protect myself at all times and that is very important in life, in my opinion, to be happy and content.
Linda N.
on 5/25/04 1:00 am - Edgerton, WI
Just reading your message brought back so many memories from my marriage. I am so happy you broke free from the grips that help you captive in that relationship!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1699 views