Hi

Rev.Carol
on 3/20/04 2:04 pm - Charleroi, PA
Hi everybody, I didn't know this forum even existed, but I'm glad it does. I was molested for about 3 months when I was 8 by my friend's grandfather who was 82. I just started therapy and have had 2 sessions so far. It is very hard to talk about, but after my 2nd session (I cried and ranted for about 1 1/2 hours) I felt so much better the next morning. I hope things continue to improve because it is definitely the root of many of my physical and emotional problems. It has caused me to become a people-pleaser and doormat. I want to fight back but I find myself pasting on a smile and disassociating. Sorry, I went off on a tangent there... I'm glad to meet you all and am relieved that I am not alone, yet I am grieved because others have had similar - or worse - experiences. God bless, Carol
sonya M.
on 3/22/04 10:45 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Carol, Unfortunately not many people do. So spread the word!!!!!!!!! feel free to email me anytime if you would like to talk or need support. Sonya
Rev.Carol
on 3/23/04 1:59 pm - Charleroi, PA
Hi Sonya! Thanks for responding. I've seen you post on the main boards. I mostly lurk but I go through phases of writing. Have you ever had therapy or someone to talk to about your abuse? I have gone so many years without talking about it, it feels strange, but it really seems to be helping. Thanks for your offer of support. I may need to take you up on it someday! Hope to hear from you soon. God bless, Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1699 views