Hi

lisawheeler
on 3/12/04 5:43 am - Andrews, TX
My name is Lisa, and I'm 40. My first cousin sexually molested me at age 8, then my Mom's boyfriend took over from 10 to 14. I never told her cuz I can hear her saying, "What did you do to provoke him like that?!" I do see a counselor and I am getting through this. I'm 10 lbs away from my goal right now, and I wonder about people using me...I do have DID, and it's just easy for me not to fight but to run away inside my head and not pay attention... Time for another appointment with my counselor...the lightbulb just clicked in my mind. Hugs to all, Lisa
Jami B.
on 3/12/04 1:55 pm - Salida, CA
Lisa - Congratulations on all your hard work. Part of me is afraid to lose weight, that I won't have all that protection around me. I am pre-op. The psych I see does the psych evals for the surgeon I have. I am in a real deep depression right now and we are waiting til things are more stable to clear surgery. He is all for it, just is worried about the stress on me. Not smiling much these days. Anyway thanks for sharing your story. Hope your appt went well Jami
lisawheeler
on 3/13/04 7:43 am - Andrews, TX
Hey Jami, You know, it's a big step when we decide to have this surgery to get past a "protection" we've created for ourselves. You know though, since I've lost weight and became more confident, I don't take garbage from other people, which doesn't leave much room for problems in my life. I hope you get better soon. Truly. Take care, Lisa
Scarlett
on 3/1/05 8:16 am - NEW YORK, NY
It is very encouraging to hear that you increase in confidence and ability to verbally defend yourself. I am so inspired by the women on this board we are a mighty bunch of warrior princesses congratulations on your weight loss ladies........... Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1699 views