hello :)

Trauma Queen
on 2/4/04 8:59 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I am the first to post here hehe I am not new to AMOS but new to this forum. I am a survivor of extrememe sexual abuse and child *****graphy. Id like to talk to other survivors as well. The incest and child *****graphy (CP) played a huge part of me becoming Morbidly obese. I subconsiously gained weight to appear non attractive to the perps. it worked. I am also DID. Donna Preop
Jellybean265
on 2/5/04 1:20 pm - Ashburn, VA
Hi Donna- I am a survivor of being molested by a babysitter at the age of 8. I wasnt heavy as a child. I became heavy when I was a teenager. I believe I did it on purpose so no man would ever hurt me again. I was a late bloomer, I did not date till after I graduated H.S. Even then I had some pretty bad experiences. As much as I am excited about the surgery, I worry about losing the weight and having nothing to hide behind. As Oprah calls, peeling back the layers. I have a boyfriend of almost 4 and 1/2 years. He has been great but now I will have many worries. Sharon
Trauma Queen
on 2/10/04 6:52 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Sharon, I can see how your past sexual abuse would interfere with your relationship now. I am divorced, but when I wasnt so heavy I carried on with many partners that I did not love. I used sex to feel better about myself. Now I havent had any relationships, sex or otherwise for many years. I know that the sexual abuse is a major cause of this. I hope that one day we can all have normal healthy relationships despite our horrible pasts. Take gentle care, Donna preop
Mariposa
on 2/7/04 1:09 pm - Janesville, WI
HI Donna- I am a survivor of sexual abuse that occurred from the time I was 4 until I left home at 13. The abuser/rapist was my step-father, but my mother encouraged him to do it. I was also raped by my much older cousin when I was in the 3rd grade and was staying with my aunt's family. I can certianly understand the lasting effects of the abuse- please feel free to email me anytime: [email protected] Be well- Donna
Trauma Queen
on 2/10/04 6:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Donna, Let me offer you ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) safe ones. I was also incested by my father from the age of 9 mos until 11 years. He stopped right when I got my period. The CP (child *****grapy) lasted form around 1-7. For me it was the worst because there were multiple perps involvd. I am sitting with you if you like and offering support. Donna preop [email protected]
Amy W.
on 2/22/04 4:34 am - Buckeye, AZ
How could your mother encourage him?!?!!??!?!?!?! That sounds like the worst thing i ever heard in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!
CarolineAnnMartin
on 2/10/04 7:44 am - Collegeville, PA
Hi Donna and everyone Just wanting to wave "hi" We "met" in the main message board some time back and it's good to see you here. I also have DID and it's nice to know I'm not alone here! Caroline
Trauma Queen
on 2/16/04 11:04 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey Caroline, I remember you Its nice to see you here. I think we have a whole extra set of problems aside from being morbidly obese. I cant get my insiders to cooperate enough to loose weight pre surgery It has been a mess. We were denied food as a child so often that I think they are afraid of starving to death....ya right. Wish I could find a way to let them know that will never happen. Donna
Mariposa
on 2/18/04 6:17 am - Janesville, WI
Hi Caroline & Donna- Just curious- what is DID? Thanks, Donna
Jami B.
on 2/13/04 1:51 am - Salida, CA
Where do you start. Congratulations to all of you survivors who are so brave to talk about it. Unfortunately, I too am a member of the "group." My father molested me from the time I was 18 months old until my early teens. I buried the memories for a long time, but looking back on things my whole life revolves around what happened. (Although in a group therapy sesion I attend weekly they say earthquakes happen, molest is a choice made by someone to do to another.) I thank God everyday for my family, friends and wonderful doctors who are helping me through this. I literally would not be alive today - somedays I think I won't make it until tomorrow - without them. I was a little heavy as a child, but lost alot of weight when I moved out of the house. I gained a ton (almost literally) as soon as my now husband fell in love with me. The closer he got, the more I put on. I guess I needed protection and figured he would hate me if I was fat. I am pre-op at this point and worry what I will do without my layer of protection. So many victims turn to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain, I chose food. But at least the good news is that after 25 years he is still with me and I love him more than anything, especially for putting up with all my depression and anxiety. My mother died in April and I never confronted her about anything. She knew but I fiugured she thought I was happy with a wonderful family and since she was elderly and sick I saw no reason to talk to her about it. The day she died, I told her everything was alright and she could let go and I know by the look in her eyes she knew what I meant. I still have a lot of hatred to get over. I just add that to my to-do list. Well, thanks for listening. Hope you all have a good weekend and take care of yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views