Wellbutrin

Strjen
on 2/22/13 4:29 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

Anyone have any experience with taking Wellbutrin? My PCP just called & said he was going to put me on this & to keep taking my 40 mg of Celexa. Would love to hear of anyone's experiences with this drug post op or even pre op. Thanks!

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

Hefty
on 2/22/13 5:23 am

I took Wellbutrin for a few months but I stopped since the only effect it seemed to have on me was hair loss.

Strjen
on 2/22/13 10:33 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

Hopefully that's one side effect I don't have. Lol

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

petra65
on 2/23/13 10:21 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/16
Wellbutrin is not like any other antidepressant. It works by increasing dopamine in your brain and all the others work by increasing serotonin or serotonin + something else. It is very good for improving energy, motivation, and concentration and does not typically cause any weight gain or sexual side effects. Hair loss would be very rare. I hear hair loss is common after WLS so you may want to make sure it was really from the Wellbutrin. It also comes in several formulations. You may want to ask for the immediate release form which isn't prescribed much anymore because you will likely have difficulty absorbing the controlled release forms. It does not come in a liquid. Hope that helps.
Lauren B.
on 3/1/13 11:12 am - Suffolk County, NY

Hi there,

I took Wellbutrin shortly after my surgery, It didn't go well, lol. It just made me feel not right, and I suffered from one of the main side effects, agitation.

Lauren

Karen K.
on 3/13/13 11:33 am - Weymouth, MA
Hi there.....I just posted similar stuff on another forum. I recently began Wellbutrin sustained release 150 mg twice a day....and already I feel it has helped me.....lifting me out of a suicidal depression. I have been wondering if the sustained release would be of any benefit given absorption issues but I think it has. However I do have a call in to my dr to see about an immediate release version.
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/13 11:51 pm

I take Wellbutrin immediate release twice a day, 100 mgs each...I have been taking it for about 2 years and it worked wonders for me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views