anxiety disorder

Nixie76
on 7/18/12 7:58 am
RNY on 04/10/12
before my surgey I had occasional panic attacks but post surgery they are getting worse and worse. My job is a huge part of it, I get sick on sunday nights at the thought of going to work the next day. I stay up later and later so that morning doesn't come. I get a sinking feeling when i'm driving into work, my chest gets tight, i feel like I want to cry. I completely despise my job and the high pressure environment of what I do here (sales). I want to run away from it an never look back. I've made an appointment for a psychiatrist I see on the 30th. Did anyone else have symptoms that worsened after surgery? do you think its really my job or is it my hormones making me irrational? I'm taking ativan right now to survive till the psych appt (prescribed by my surgeon after a tearful breakdown in his office)
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

Miss_Kitty
on 7/18/12 11:45 am - New Bedford, MA
You may want to google Post Surgical Depression. It has allot of info that may help. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Caidkin
on 7/20/12 11:10 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
 You poor thing!!! It's probably both... But your job sounds toxic.  Anything you can do about it?  I have a panic disorder for about 15 yrs now.  It sucks... But being proactive and recognizing when there is a problem is the best thing to do... And it sounds like you are taking the right direction going to a psy.  Hang in there and use the atavan in the meantime :)
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
swoozieq67
on 11/12/12 12:05 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I thought that I was the only person that felt this way. I have had more jobs than I can remember and I have felt this way many, many times.

I seriously wanted to drive off of the road just so that I would not have to go to work! I am in the process of going through psychotherapy once a week and getting my medications adjusted...again!

My husband does not want me to look for a new job, I am currently unemployed by choice. I feel guilty for not having an income. My psychiatrist and my therapist have said that I should not be looking for work either. They want me to focus on getting better. I am considering filing for SSDI because I have a very long history of mental illness. For well over 20 years and I was told that because of the chemical imbalance in my brain and my suicidal tendancies that I would most likely be approved.

I hope that you start to feel better.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/12/12 4:44 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Thanks for sharing this. I, too, thought I was the only one who cried before going to work and cried on the drive home. I wish I had known how miserable public service jobs are before I planned my careers! I would have been a technician of some kind, working alone in a back room and never being around people. Although there are always bosses and coworkers to suffer with...

Sounds like you're getting the help you need. Good for you. But if it's possible, get training or experience in a less stressful field! Like shark-wrestling.

(My dad was a salesman all his life. He loved it, but had multiple disease, all stress-related. His doctor told him he had to quit sales and get a job in a mill or anything except sales or he would die young. Daddy chose to die young. Stress can kill.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views