lithium

strawberrylove
on 7/17/12 9:06 am - Gibbons, Canada
 Hi there
Still rather new at this whole thing.....Weight loss, mental health, etc
Well, maybe not mental health as much.
I hate getting blood work done, not cause of the needles, cause of the results, lol, yeah I know, grow up....
So I am having more and more voices and a "sightings" of weird stuff, so I go to my doc, who is an amazing man, (important when there are voices) and he says, you have to get blood drawn.....
Results came back and wants to see me that day....
Lithium results waaaaaay too low, Vitamin B12 waaaay to low, thyroid (I did have one side taken out cause of cancer) just borderline of OK... Waiting for vitamin d to come back

So immediately my lithium is doubled, 4 injections of vitamin b12, and the other antidepressants.
So, as anyone else who is mental ill, hates taking damn pills.
But my question is if anyone who has had the surgery, do the mental blood work have to be perfect or do they know that it always a work in progress? before they decide to do the surgery, or am I know a horrible candidate?

boxermom
on 7/18/12 3:08 am - MI
if you are on litium, i am taking a guess that you are bipolar?  a lot of times they deny you due to this.  if you can get your psych to work with your clinic to get you approved then he knows that all of your meds will need to be adjusted every couple of months due to absorbtion.  my dr always dictates that i've had gastric bypass and could be malabsorbing.  i get b12 shots from my psych too.  

i dont even think the clinic has knowledge of your mental blood work results.  they are looking at blood sugars etc.  dont worry, just follow your drs orders.  thats important.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

strawberrylove
on 7/20/12 9:15 am - Gibbons, Canada
 yeah, bi-polar and borderline schizophrenic is what I am
I talked to the internalst, and like you said, they are more concerned with the cholesterol and sugars and what not....
She said that everything looks good, just get to meet with their "head" team.  I truly love meeting with head doctors, though this time I want to succeed so, no "head games' from me
I like to analyze there questions....
It sometimes gets tiring being on the end of all the questions, lol
I know they are only doing their job
But that's for the support, its nice to know that there is somewhere I can ask questions too.
Mental health is a disease no different than the overweight disease.
Just wish there was not such a stigmatized on it all the time....  
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views