Feeling discouraged....vent alert

erica_starks
on 3/12/11 2:01 pm
I am feeling discouraged. I had GP surgery in August 2010. I have lost 93 pounds so far, which you would think would make me ecstatic.  But I am feeling bummed. When I look in the mirror I see some changes...my knees are thinner, my 'wings' are smaller, my behind is smaller too. But I have stalled in my weight loss with 50-75 pounds to go. I am trying to reframe it that it is better to be just obsese, than morbidly obese or the super morbidly obese that I was when I started.

People at work comment almost daily, my husband says he still sees changes in a positive way. I haven't really lost anything in the last two month though, maybe 3 pounds. I can intellectualize that there is a stall around 6 months, but I've been stalled for almost 7 weeks.

I am becoming less motivated and not following my program too. I know...get off your behind and exercise, eat protein first. I'm just not managing to do that right now. Potatoes go down so much easier than meat. Plus I have been having reactive hypoglycemic episodes, so I have to eat more carbs lately.  So exericse is a kind of battle on it's own, since when I do my blood sugars go down to the 50's

Thanks for letting me vent. Any words of encouragement or 'I have been there too's' would be appreciated.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/13/11 12:07 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Feeling "discourage" is normal.  Life is filled with ups and downs.  But...   you need to get over it and pick yourself up and move on.  It's within yourself to make the changes not dependent on others or places or things.   You need to learn new and improved life changes and eating habits.  This is a life change not short term..   even if/when you get to your goal weight..   you'll need to have skills for maintaining.  Look for the positive.. encourage others.. strive for improvements.  Baby steps..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 3/13/11 9:58 am - Perry, MI
I understand that stuck feeling very well.  It is also easy to rationalize not following our prescribed program.  But, the program is designed the way it is for a reason.  For the reactive hypoglycemic episodes, you can have cheese and crackers, or peanut butter crackers, that way you are getting a protein with the carbs you need.  It will help you stablize your blood sugar better.  I had hypoglycemia for years, and know how it feels. 

As for the exericise, kick it up a notch, and vary it.  Do cardio on certain days, and weight training on alternate days.  Getting back to basics, and journaling your food, will help you see more progress.

God bless.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 767 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 748 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 974 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1679 views