~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/11/11 1:11 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

I can always take strength and comfort from knowing I belong to a worldwide fellowship.  Hundreds and hundreds of thousands, just like myself, are working together for the same purpose.  None of us needs to ever be alone again, because each of us in our own way works for the good of others.  We are bound together by a common problem that can be solved by love and understanding and mutual service.  The Program -- like the little wheel in the old hymn -- runs by the grace of God.  HAVE I THANKED GOD TODAY FOR HELPING ME TO FIND THE PROGRAM, WHICH IS SHOWING ME THE WAY TO A NEW LIFE?

TODAY I PRAY

May my thanks be lifted to God each day for dispelling my self-inflicted loneliness, for warming my stoicism, for leading me to the boundless fund of friendship in The Program.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I have a world of friends.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 2/14/11 11:52 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda.  I apologize for not replying to your daily posts.  I appreciate your faithfulness in posting these.  I have been struggling with depression a lot lately, and isolating.  I got my year coin in January, and stopped my meeting attendance for a lot of stupid reasons, mainly the depression.  It's a vicious cycle, I get depressed, so I isolate, stop doing my meditations, and just sit on my rocking chair and wallow in self-pity.  Then, I get more depressed.

Friday, I broke out of the cycle, and went to a meeting to see my sponsor.  We got a sandwich afterward, and I made a commitment to meet her at that meeting regularly, because I need to connect with her more face-to-face. 

Last night, I hit another meeting, and then today, I read my meditation books and hit two meetings.  Amazing, but I feel better, and want to go to more.  Shazam! 

At tonight's Beginners meeting there was a girl who had two years sober, and drank over the weekend.  I so related to her, because I was in relapse for two stinking years, till I went to rehab last year.  I need to protect my year, and work my steps daily, and keep going to meetings to stay out of my depression and be reminded of how awful that relapse was.

Sorry to babble.  I just wanted to  share what is going on with me lately with someone in the program, who would understand.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views