~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/23/10 1:31 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

12/27 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

How can I tell if I have had a spiritual awakening?  For many of us in The Program, a spiritual awakening manifests itself in simple rather than complicated evidences: emotional maturity; an end to constant and soul-churning resentments; the ability to love and be loved in return; the belief, even without understanding, that something lets the sun rise and set, brings forth and ends life, and gives joy to human hearts.  AM I NOW ABLE TO DO, FEEL AND BELIEVE THAT WHICH I COULD NOT PREVIOUSLY DO THROUGH MY OWN UNAIDED STRENGTH AND RESOURCES ALONE?

TODAY I PRAY

May my spiritual confidence begin to spread over my attitudes towards others -- especially during holiday times, when anticipations and anxieties are high.  As an addictive person, I have not handled holidays well -- greeting those who gather at home, missing those who are not here.  I pray for serenity to cope with the holidays brew of emotions.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Spirit without "spirits."  Cheer without "cheer."

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views