~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/20/10 2:16 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
10/20 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Before I admitted my powerlessness over alcohol and other chemicals, I had as much self-worth as a "peeled zero."  I came into The Program as a nobody who desperately wanted to be a somebody.  In retrospect, my self-esteem was shredded, seemingly beyond repair.  Gradually, The Program has enabled me to achieve an ever-stronger sense of self-worth.  I've come to accept myself, realizing that I'm not so bad as I had always supposed myself to be.  AM I LEARNING THAT MY SELF-WORTH IS NOT DEPENDENT ON THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS, BUT INSTEAD IS TRULY AN "INSIDE JOB"?

TODAY I PRAY
When I am feeling down and worthless, may my Higher Power and my friends in the group help me see that, although I was "fallen," I was not "cast down."  However sick I might have been in my worst days, with all the self-esteem of an earth worm, may I know that I still had the power of choice.  And I chose to do something about myself.  May that good choice be the basis for my reactivated self-worth.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will not kick myself when I'm down.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views