PTSD anxiety and agoraphobia

darcylee10
on 9/24/10 3:59 pm - Seattle, WA
VSG on 08/10/10 with
so i had all of these things before my surgery, i was actually hospitalized for a suicide attempt in 08  for 3 months... I thought i was doing ok, was driving occasionally and not needing meds but dealing with my anxiety like i was taught in CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)  since surgery its gotten worse, i dont like leaving home without my boyfriend, wont drive and hate being around people. it seems like everyone and their mother has figured out ive had surgery and harp on me about wether im complying, what im eating, how much ive lost and all of that, all i wanna do is stay in the safe areas where i know i wont run into people and have to deal with it, im feeling worse and worse but i dont know if i should go back on meds because they cause weight gain and im only 6 weeks out and have most of my weight to lose... ugg sorry im just frustrated and wanted to vent

Lalocaweta
on 9/29/10 4:07 am - Spicewood, TX
I too suffer from PTSD, generalized anxiety, and am bi-polar. (I have not been diagnosed w/ agoraphobia, but I have it due to the PTSD.)

You are probably at the point that you need to get w/ your psych and discuss playing w/ your medications. I have had to change mind several times of the past 5 years. And YES - you do need to be on the meds. CBT is great, but for most of us w/ PTSD - we need the meds.
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Mandaly
on 10/1/10 12:47 am - IN
Hi, Im preop, but I have a lot of the same issues, PTSD, chronic depression, several anxiety disorders and Im terrified of whats going to happen. My husband is concerned about how Im going to be able to absorb all of my meds.

I think you should talk to your psych doctor and quite possibly your surgeon to. What would be the point in having the surgery, losing the weight, and not be able to enjoy your new life? *hugs* I hope things get better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views