ECHO echo echo....

Timothy S.
on 9/21/10 4:18 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I was going to post a PTSD issue...  But I can't...  So the hell with it.  I type I delete I type.. I delete...  A call for help? no.. maybe a call to ***** about doctors and no one LISTENING...  Except my beautiful wife.  Of course I am f*cking that up also by snapping at her. 

heart beat 135 resting...  stress... too much...

My weight, my stress level rising so much...  I think I will have a stroke or a heart attack soon... and then, when i am dead...  I will say..  I TOLD YOU SO... I TOLD YOU SO...

damn it.. I almost deleted this....  but who gives a crap... i will post it
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/21/10 10:04 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

okay...   you actually made me google.. PTSD

Sorry you are stressing...   I'm most fortunate that I don't suffer that disease.  I think I can count on one hand how many times that I've lost sleep from stress, but usually with good reason.   Getting fired...  getting divorced..  that kind of stuff!

anywho... 

practice some destressing exercises... maybe your beautiful wife can help you out with that  as soon as you apologize to her for snapping at her.

BREATH IN... BREATH OUT..  BREATH IN...  BREATH OUT..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Lalocaweta
on 9/22/10 4:52 am - Spicewood, TX
I suffer from PTSD too. It is such a hard mental illness to really understand. I can go for weeks without any flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety attacks, and then suddenly BAM - and all of them kick back in and my stress level goes back up through the roof.

Not sure what part of the nation you live in, but I would encourage you to see if there are any doctors who have done recent training in PTSD - it took me awhile to find my pscyh, but she is helping me -  it is a long road, but the periods between the flashbacks, etc. are growing longer.

Anne
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Timothy S.
on 9/22/10 6:55 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks, I appreciate the advice...  I have the ball rolling and only recently discovered I had this problem.  Big, huge mean looking biker guy with a don't screw with me attitude look plastered to his face, turns into a little eight year old boy terrified for his life. 

it has NOT been a pleasant experience!  The part that really sucks, is I am living with the "Stresser" in my home... 24/7 No relief unless I leave...  Hard situation to explain... but yeah... no drugs working yet...

on edge...  Breathing techniques all the anger management techniques I have learned, they are either not working at all, or working just enough so I don't have a complete nervous break down.

Of course I have the most wonderful wife in the world... She is amazing...

So one minute at a time...  I live in Michigan by the way.

Thank you again

Tim
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

Lalocaweta
on 9/23/10 4:54 am - Spicewood, TX
I know for my husband - it was a hard thing to understand. He could not understand why we would be riding in the car and i would suddenly start screaming or freaking out. He could not understand why I cannot ride in a car in the rain ****il recently). He would get so pissed off and would tell me to "Grow up."
I finally got him some info on PTSD and asked him to meet w/ my therapist and me. It really helped him to understand that the behaviors were out of my control and what had caused them.
Couple of other suggestions:
1) Be sure to give the meds time to work. And sometimes you have to try different combinations. Xanax works for me. Valium does not. Effexor works for me - 4 other meds did not.
2) Don't laugh - but you might try yoga. (Yeah - I know - suggesting to a big, huge, mean looking biker guy to do yoga is probably an insane idea!) Meditation worked for me for a while.
3) You stated the stressor lives in your home - if you feel an attack coming on - go for a walk, go for a run (Do not ride your bike!), etc.

Hang in there!
Anne
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views