I've a confession..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/20/10 10:20 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Derick and I are going on a vacation in November for 2 weeks.  We are going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica, which I am absolutely ecstatic about.   I've not been on a real vacation in years..  and never out of the Country. 

It will be dreamy

I have a little apprehension tho because of the all inclusive part.. (free and abundant food and drinks).  And trust me.. the apprehension is over the Premium drinks part..  *sigh*  ..  Jamican Rum.. Gray Goose Vodkie..  pretty umbrellas with fruit topping the glass.

I have reminded myself  why it is that I will not be partaking of any of these drinks.  Because my first drink will be where I left off..  and that was not a pretty sight.  Also I told myself that I want to have fun and do alot of activites on this vacation.. like snorkle, sail, scuba dive!!  And I surely won't feel up to it after a binge feast.  Also I told myself that I want to REMEMBER this vacation.. and if I recall my last drink left me in a blackout after two hours and passing out after 4 hours of drinking.

Sooo...  I just wanted to put this out here.  That I don't want to drink when I'm on vacation, but the thought is there....  Think I'll pack my book A Day At A Time and take it with me.

thanks for listening  and hope everyone has a wonderful "Tie Me Up Tuesday" !!

Edit to add: I've been sober since November 2006 (just realized vaca is my Soberversary Month) !! 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Timothy S.
on 9/21/10 4:13 am - Grand Rapids, MI
"Tie me up Tuesday" eh? I didn't know it was a requirement, but I am easy. (heads to "The drawer") ((Maniacal laughter ensues))

Have fun and don't worry about the booze, you seem a pretty strong person to me. I could be completely wrong lol... but your personality will sure as hell give you a lashing, and not the good kind either!
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/21/10 9:47 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Thanks Tim!!  I am pretty strong.. sometimes.. it just pure bullheadedness tho

thanks for the encouragement !

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

charlotte180
on 10/25/10 12:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I think it's only natural to feel apprehension - for anyone who has had alcoholism, even if they're the best example of recovery.  Personally, it would concern me more if it didn't even occur to you to be nervous about it. To me, it means that your recovery is important to you and that you are vigilant about keeping your sobriety.  

Good for you! And let us know how the trip went :)

Coopbeme
on 11/10/10 8:34 am
I also battled alcoholism after my RNY (2006) and know the fear that even one sip can bring everything tumbling down around you. Try to focus on all the activities like snorkling that you will enjoy much more when not craving another drink because the one before is now out of your system. Have fun, wish I could go there!!!
 RNY 2006, 225lbs gone so far
Currently looking into Plastics!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views