~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/30/10 10:01 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

.. been awhile..

08/31 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
From time to time, I begin to think I know what God's will is for other people.  I say to myself, "This person ought to be cured of his terminal illness," or "That one ought to be freed from the torment she's going through," and I begin to pray for those specific things.  My heart is in the right place when I pray in such fashion, but those prayers are based on the supposition that I know God's will for the person for whom I pray.  The Program teaches me, instead, that I ought to pray that God's will -- whatever it is -- be done for others as well as for myself.  WILL I REMEMBER THAT GOD IS READY TO BEFRIEND ME, BUT ONLY TO THE DEGREE THAT I TRUST HIM?

TODAY I PRAY
I praise God for the chance to help others.  I thank God also for making me want to help others, for taking me out of my tower of self so that I can meet and share with and care about people.  Teach me to pray that "The Will be done" in the spirit of love, which God inspires in me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will put my trust in the will of God.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views