Been a long time.....TOO LONG!

marieh
on 8/24/10 10:50 am - So. Easton, MA
Hi Folks!

I haven't been on here in what must be more than a year now. I am still not drinking, but I've joined Debtors Anonymous for my spending addiction and I'm eating all the wrong things again. I need to book an appt with my shrink to stop the figurative bleeding and get my act together. The sooner the better. This place used to be a lifeline for me. I'm gaining weight back, and need to not obsess about it...just retrain my thinking again, clean my kitchen cabinets and find a better substitute for food, booze, spending money I don't have and the next big addiction. Like learning more about WHY I make the choices I do and understanding what I'm trying to replace with food. It's not taht I'm missing love, as I have that unconditionally from my husband...I just need to learn to accept and love ME iwth all my faults, and thoughts...good AND bad.

Hugs and thanks for listening...

Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/30/10 10:10 pm, edited 8/30/10 10:10 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

You're damn right it's been TOO LONG..

I miss some of the ole peeps that frequented this board.... I'm surprised that more of us don't have Mental issues..and need support.    (sarcasm)..

Good to see you Marie... hope that you (and others.. including myself) make this board more active again.  With real issues and topics.. and helpful support to one another!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Timothy S.
on 9/11/10 11:25 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I think we/they/(some other pronoun) do...  It is just a world of denial... ;)
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/12/10 2:25 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hmmm... denial you say..

I thought maybe most are just shy

Thanks Tim for the friends request !

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Timothy S.
on 9/12/10 2:31 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Shyness?  Hmm, maybe just one large voyeuristic community.  I think there are a million lurkers out there lol...  They are watching us now...  GREAT!  now I have paranoia...
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views