~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/6/10 10:39 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

07/07 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
What wonderful things could happen in my life if I could get rid of my natural impulse to justify my actions.  Is honesty so deeply repressed under layers of guilt that I can't release it to understand my motives?  Being honest with ourselves isn't easy.  it's difficult to search out why I had this or that impulse and, more importantly, why I acted upon it.  Nothing makes us feel so vulnerable as to give up the crutch of The Alibi, yet my willingness to be vulnerable will go a long way toward helping me grow in The Program.  AM I BECOMING MORE AWARE THAT SELF-DECEPTION MULTIPLIES MY PROBLEMS?

TODAY I PRAY
May God remove my urge to make excuses.  Help me to face up to the realities that surface when I am honest with myself.  Help me to know, as certainly as day follows sunrise, that my difficulties will be lessened if I can only trust His will.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will be willing to do His will.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 7/7/10 3:52 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda,
Made me think about just how much I rationalize stupid stuff, like eating M&Ms with peanuts, because they have peanuts, protein.  Never mind the sugar content and how I will feel afterward.

I need to become more aware of this stuff.  I am going to start back on keeping a food log.  That helps me get honest about my intake.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/8/10 10:17 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

You mean peanut M&M's are NOT good for us....     I do the same thing....

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views