Patricia R.
on 6/14/10 7:42 pm - Perry, MI
Five months ago, I checked myself into the psychiatric unit of the local
hospital. I was a mess with drinking, pain pills and cutting. It is amazing
how low I sank that time. While there, it was recommended I go inpatient for my
alcoholism. My outpatient alcohol treatment therapist suggested it before I
went to the hospital. I was not a happy camper inpatient, but I did something I
had never done about my alcohol problem before while there. I prayed and
surrendered myself to God. I have had a peace about my program ever since.
When I got 90 days, I jumped into service at my home group, speaking at a
meeting, now chairing a meeting, and even serving on Intergroup. I am so
grateful I do not want to drink today, nor have I wanted to in a very
long time.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathi F.
on 6/15/10 10:06 am, edited 6/15/10 10:06 am - Newburgh, IN
Trish,  GOD bless you!..  You have accomplished something that very few are able to do.  With God's help and grace you have been able to stop a habit that is very debilitating.  I personally would like to tell you how proud I am of you!  I don't know you but I have been with an alcoholic in my life and have witnessed the damage it can do to that person's life and others in their life.  I personally think it is one of the top two hardest addictions to recover from.  Only cigarette smoking before it.  I do neither and still feel for people who struggle everyday with these horrible addictions.  Anyways, wanted to just tell you I am thinking of you and will pray time to time for your continued recovery.  Remember,  one day at a time!  :)

God bless you always,
Kathi

Embrace your challenges!

Kathi (The Kat Lady)             
RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/16/10 10:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I am so happy for you Trish!!!  If you were here...  I'd give you a big ole hug

I know how you have struggled... and today I am grateful that you have found your way back and have serenity today.   

Keep sharing Trish as I know that there are sooo many that needs to hear what you have to say!!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Kathy
on 6/19/10 9:00 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Trish,
I am so proud of you.  Keep it up.  Personally, I celebrated two years on June 18th.  It feels great and I can't believe its two years already.  Time flies when you're having fun.  Been out of work for the past several months dealing with this cancer thing, but I am now in remission and will be going back to work this week.  I feel ready.  Too bored laying around this house!!!!
Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views