~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/10/10 10:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

06/11 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Guilt is a cunning weapon in the armory of the addictive person which continues to lurk patiently inside each of us.  We can use the weapon against ourselves in many subtle ways; it can be deftly wielded, for example, in an attempt to convince us that The Program doesn't really work.  I have to protect myself constantly against my past.  If necessary, I must constantly "re-forgive" myself, accepting myself as a mixture of good as well as bad.  AM I STRIVING FOR SPIRITUAL PROGRESS?  OR WILL I SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN THE HUMAN IMPOSSIBILITY OF SPIRITUAL PERFECTION?

TODAY I PRAY
May I look inside myself now and then for any slow-burning, leftover guilt which can, when I'm unwary, damage my purpose.  May I stop kicking myself and pointing out my own imperfections -- all those lesser qualities which detract from the ideal and "perfect" me.  May I no longer try to be unreachably, inhumanly perfect, but just spiritually whole. 

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am human -- part good, part not-so-good.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views