Tons of Emotions

karenw730
on 6/10/10 9:36 am
I'm only 8 days post op and I've been so emotional since I've gotten home from the hospital... from regretting I ever got the band.. to just crying for no reason.
Did anyone else go through this?  What did you do?
Patricia R.
on 6/11/10 1:42 am - Perry, MI
Yes, just about everyone goes through these emotions.  First, you are probably on liquids and miss eating real food.  That in itself can make someone who is used to food in any amount, especially us WLS patients.  

Second, we let off hormones during rapid weight loss, and the first few months post-op are rapid weight loss times. 

Talk to your doc about possibly going on something temporarily while you ride out these emotions.  Also, get involved in a support group. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Miss_Kitty
on 6/14/10 4:29 pm - New Bedford, MA
Go to Google.com and search for........

Post Surgical Depression or Post Opperative Depression.

Hope this helps. Take care and gd bless.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

pandavenise
on 6/17/10 3:03 pm
That's pretty normal. I was a wreck at three weeks out. Angry yelling sad everything I missed my food my hormones where crazy and I was 54 and hadn't had a period in a year. Menopausal. Finally one day my son yelled at me and told me I wish you had never had that surgery you are out of control. It took him to make me aware of what was going on. I had a lap band then and now am considering rny in a couple of months so it will be interesting to see what happens this time. My biggest fear is the lose of my food to  cope. But I am trying to get a better mind set . Good luck.
karenw730
on 6/18/10 10:47 am
I have to say that I feel 100% better now, it was just a rough time right after surgery.  Wasn't quite prepared for that!
thanks everyone!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views