Anyone need dosage increase post-op on meds

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 12:09 pm - Mooresville, NC
I take med for anxiety and don't think it works now and I'm not sure if it's because of the malabsorbtion from GB.  I .feel more anxious at times than before and not sure why
FaithApril2010
on 6/7/10 1:27 am

I was wondering the samething today!!  I take Prozac 10 mg for PMS and it doesn't seem to be doing the job this month.  I watch the finale of LOST yesterday and have been weepy ever since.  LOL!  =)  I should be starting anyday, but having a hard time getting out of this funk! 

Hang in there! 

5'6"  -12 lbs pre-op diet

chelle614
on 6/19/10 2:03 am - Chester, NY
10 mlg of Prozac is a very small dose, especially since you are probably malabsorbing some of it. I have been on 80 mlgs in the past. Ask for an increase, and remind whoever gives it to you, that you had a malabsoptive procedure done.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Patricia R.
on 6/7/10 2:57 am - Perry, MI
First of all, I believe most post-ops in the first few months go through some emotional swings.  Weight loss, especially rapid loss, releases hormones into the blood.  Secondly, now that we no longer have food, which I used like a drug, the feelings I tried to stuff are at the surface, and I am more vulnerable than before.

If you are not already in therapy, it might be something to consider.  Also, make sure you get your psych meds from a psychiatrist, as they can screen for other mental health issues.  Call your doc to discuss adjusting your meds.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grasstango
on 8/22/10 5:28 am - Trenton, Ontario, Canada
I have panic attacks, anxiety, depression and Agoraphobia....I take Wellbutrin, celexa, ativan and Clonazepam....shortly after I had my RNY (almost a year ago) I noticed that my anxiety and panic attacks were getting worse.  In the past year I have  been a guinea pig with different dosages of my medications. My Dr does believe it is because of malabsorbtion. She has given me sublingual of some of my meds so they are absorbed immeditatly into my bloodstream and that has helped
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views