V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!!!!!

Miss_Kitty
on 6/4/10 3:58 pm - New Bedford, MA
I am just so ecstatic right now, I thought I would share it with all of you!

I saw my doctor and found that I had gained 10 lbs after my recent 6 day hospital stay. (obviously, that is not the reason why I am so ecstatic!)

I understood how and why it happened, (eating and minimal movement) but I was still rather disappointed. To cheer myself up, I went to Fashion Bug to buy myself this long black dress I had been eyeing for quite some time. I grabbed my usual size, 3x, and went into the dressing room to try it on. It was TOO BIG!!!!!!!!  Even after my 10 lb weight gain, the 3x dress was too big!!!
I bought the dress (they didn't have a 2x and I can get this one tailored) and left the store happy as a clam!
You all have been there for me through my struggles, so I just thought I would share my rare moments of joy with you too.
Take care, all of you, and God bless!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Patricia R.
on 6/6/10 11:00 am - Perry, MI
During early post-op, it is really neat to see the scale and sizes move.  Having been stalled for two years now, I am finally seeing my scale move in the right direction.  My stall was related to my alcoholic relapse for two years.  Food and alcohol are my choices when I do not want to feel the feelings.

Keep up the good work.  I remember how neat it felt the day I shopped in the regular department of the department store, and loved it.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Miss_Kitty
on 6/6/10 1:27 pm - New Bedford, MA
How are you doing now with the wieghtloss and alcohol?  I also turn to food when needed. I am especially weak when it comes to chocolate.  I treat myself to a little almost every day. Sometimes, I have gone overboard, and thats when I see the scale move in the wrong direction!  So, I lay off the chocolate for a few days, try to walk more, and then it goes back down.  Department store sizes seem to run awkwardly, or at least for me they do. Some stores I still wear a size 3x and some stores, the 3x is actually too small! Oh, well. I hope all is going well for you. Take care and God bless.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Patricia R.
on 6/6/10 10:52 pm - Perry, MI
I understand the chocolate thing.  My surgeon suggested dark chocolate for that.  What also helps me is Klondike's Slim-A-Bear bars, which are no sugar added ice cream bars covered with chocolate. 

My alcoholism is under control right now.  I am working my AA program rigorously, and I have almost five months since my last drink.  I changed in rehab, and I am grateful.  It has to do with surrendering to God.  I finally did that, and have been doing it daily since.

I used to be a 3X and got down to a 18, but now wear 20. 

Hang in there.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Miss_Kitty
on 6/9/10 4:52 am - New Bedford, MA
Congratulations on your 5 month recovery!  I am trying to surrender to God. I often times think He is mad at me or is testing me or something because of my seemingly endless health struggles. I am trying to eat more healthy, (using chocolate sometimes) I am trying to eat more fruit and walk more, but I still encounter health problems that cannot be diagnosed and it is frustrating. 

Keep up the good work with your recovery and surrendering to God, and you should see your size go back down to an 18 and soon even smaller!

Take care and God bless!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views