~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/24/10 10:24 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
05/25 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
When we're new in The Program, we're novices at reaching out for friendship -- or even accepting it when it's offered.  Sometimes we're not quite sure how to do it or, indeed, whether it will actually work.  Gradually, however, we become restored; we become teachable.  We learn, for example, as Moliere wrote, "The more we love our friends, the less we flatter them."  JUST FOR TODAY, WILL I NOT SHOW ANYONE THAT MY FEELINGS ARE HURT?

TODAY I PRAY
May God help me to discover what true friendship is.  In my new relationships, I pray that I may not be so eager for approval that I will let myself be dishonest -- through flattery, half-truths, false cheeriness, protective white lies.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
A friend is honest.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 5/24/10 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
Prior to recovery, I hated myself so much, I lashed out at people, and did not let anyone close.  It was as if I was not going to let anyone close enough to reject me, so I made them keep their distance.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/29/10 12:13 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Like many.. I was very much a loner with thoughts of everyone has friends and is happy.  Doesn't anyone see that I'm here..   ??

today.. much better.. now I realize just about everyone has those thoughts at one time or otherand I'm quite "normal" ..

hugssss to you Trish

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views