Psych Eval

Beth L.
on 5/24/10 12:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
I had my psych eval last week and I'm nervous wondering what he will tell me. One thing that he poitned out was that good candidates for this surgery are folks that can stick with their medicine as prescribed. I was honest in saying that I will forget to take my meds every once in a while. However, the meds I am on will not effect me if I miss a dose once a week. This is also something the psychologist pointed out.

I stressed to him that I do know the importance of following the guidelines/rules given to me with this lifestyle change of having surgery. I know that if I do get off track with supplements I will feel wonky and possibly feel miserable.

So the point of my post is that I'm worried now about what his evaluation of me will say. Has anyone had a not so good vibe after the eval but then found out it was all ok?
Patricia R.
on 5/24/10 3:56 am - Perry, MI
I was a wreck waiting for everything.  I thought for sure that I would be turned down for my surgery because of my psychiatric diagnoses.  Just take it easy and trust the process.  Most of us have been there.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

amysuz1972
on 5/24/10 12:16 pm - Christiana, TN
I had mine a couple of weeks ago and hadn't heard anything, I was getting worried. I have seen her for other things for about 2 years so I felt comfortable enough calling and asking if she thought I was "crzay". LOL! She assured me that I was just fine and no, you are far from crazy. She did remind herself that I am very impatient...Anyways, she's just swamped and knew she had 2 plus months left. So, don't put more stress on yourself than you already do, it will fine and it will work out. I know it's hard but try not to worry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views