Is anyone elso going through this?

Miss_Kitty
on 5/21/10 8:51 pm - New Bedford, MA
I have been feeling like I have been going crazy this past month!  I have often times thought about checking myself into a mental hospital!  Has anyone ever heard of ............

POST OPPERATIVE DEPRESSION, or POST SURGICAL DEPRESSION?

I found out about it doing a search about the causes of depression. Then I Googled it. I read that it can occur immediately after surgery as well as up to months later. I am about 3 months post-op. Lately, I have been having severe anxiety attacks, severe depression, crying spells, even times throwing tantrums!  Has anyone else heard about this? Has anyone else gone through it?  Is there anyway out of it without being put on antidepressants?  I was on those in the past and had trouble tolerating them. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Mrs.Jordan
on 5/23/10 1:04 pm
I have never heard of this. But I wanted to wish you luck in finding something/someone that can help!
Patricia R.
on 5/23/10 2:00 pm - Perry, MI
You are not crazy.  You are basically dealing with life without food, a drug to some people, like me.  I went through a period of mourning when I gave up my best friend, the binges.  It sucked, but I also had been taught self-soothing, coping skills, when I went through eating disorder treatment.  You can learn these in therapy, where you can also talk about the feelings that are now coming up, because you are not numbing out on food.  I have been in therapy for over 20 years, and keep learning coping skills and how not to self-sabotage my recovery.

Start by journaling your feelings each evening, and also doing deep breathing exercises.  These are my lifesavers.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/29/10 12:24 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Dear Miss Kitty..

I just read on the MAIN BOARD.. that a Miss Kitty is in the hospital.. posted by her finacee..

if this is you..

YOU are in my prayers dear!!  I pray that you get the care you need so that you can hurry home and be well.  I'm thankful that you are in a place that will care for you and give you the treatment to get better.  You are loved by many I'm certain.. tho I've never talked to you before...

Get Well Soon

sincerely,
Rhonda

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views