Four Months Sober Today

Patricia R.
on 5/15/10 11:50 am - Perry, MI
I am very grateful to share that today, May 15, I have four months sober in AA.  I attribute this success to God, and AA.  I know that the obsession to drink was lifted in rehab in January, and I am not at all tempted by alcohol.  I am so grateful for all that is happening in my life.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 5/17/10 10:16 pm - Houston, TX
Congrats.. I still can't get over the two month hump.. I have decided to quit counting days and just take it one day at a time the way it should be done..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 5/17/10 10:47 pm - Perry, MI
Ramon,
I truly empathize.  I have been on the relapse ride from December 2007, and started outpatient alcohol treatment in October 2008, and was doing that till September.  I went back in to outpatient treatment in November when I began to relapse after five months sober.  Then, in January, I crashed and burned after being prescribed Vicodin and abusing it.  First was the psych unit, then the inpatient rehab.  Have you ever done inpatient treatment?  I believe that was a turning point for me.  It might be worth considering.  

I hope you find release from the obsession to drink soon.  I have been free from it since rehab.  I surrendered while in there.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hermit-Crab
on 5/18/10 5:27 pm
Congrats!

I love / hate my alcohol. I can't imagine kicking the habit.
If you're going through hell, keep going. 
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Patricia R.
on 5/21/10 12:12 am - Perry, MI
If you have a drinking problem, my experience is that it will only get worse.  If you need a rehab, they can help tremendously.  I finally got it in rehab.  I realized what was stopping me.  You don't have to drink excessively if you really want to stop.
Albert Schweitzer

Binda
on 5/23/10 9:10 am - CA
Right ON!!! 4 months is awesome!

Did you pick up a 90 day chip?

Congradulations!

Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Patricia R.
on 5/23/10 1:30 pm - Perry, MI
I had the privilege of speaking at my home group the night I picked up my 90 day chip.  God is so good.

Thanks,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

nursegal132
on 6/4/10 3:50 am - CALGARY, Canada
i am at about 4 months too..... it was celebrate recovery that helped me its a christ based recovery program.... i have found god...healing...happiness.....love but most of all im free of the alcohol demons.

Patricia R.
on 6/4/10 5:37 am - Perry, MI
I am a Christian as well.  Problem is the Celebrate Recovery meetings conflicted with my outpatient treatment program.  I am happy in AA, and find it a great mission field.
Albert Schweitzer

mark1963
on 6/5/10 9:01 am, edited 6/5/10 9:05 am - Fairfax (Marin County), CA
Trish, that's great. I spent a great deal of time trying to get past the 3 month mark. I had tried multiple in-patient rehabs, secondary programs, AA, sober living residences, etc. I believe that for me I had to go through the process of making multiple attempts to get sober, but I know that everyone does not have to do it that way. What really kept me sober was working with a sponsor and doing service. Keep on, keeping on.

Now I am working on my weight which is a tougher issue for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views