90 Days of Good Sobriety

Patricia R.
on 4/15/10 9:14 am - Perry, MI
Greetings Family,
I am praising the Lord today for my 90 days of sobriety. I never thought it would be such a journey. I have had many 90 days, and some were harder than others. This batch of 90 days included 6 spent in a psychiatric ward of my local hospital and 12 spent inpatient in a rehab, my first, and hopefully my last. I went to rehab thinking I could not learn anything more about alcoholism, and came out open-minded, willing and teachable. I could not have done it without my AA program. Right now, I am working on my 4th step, and contemplating who will hear my 5th step when the time comes. I have no anxiety about either, I am almost done my 4th.

Sobriety, for me, must be one day at a time.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 4/15/10 10:48 pm - Houston, TX
That  is great.. I had to reestablish and hit 30 on the 13th.. Just remember these two things.. That if you get hit by a train it isn't going to be the caboose that kills you it will be the first car and that you are not a bad person trying to be good but a sick person trying to get well..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 4/16/10 11:46 am - Perry, MI
Ramon,
I struggled for over 2 years of relapsing, after many years of sobriety.  What helped me with this most recent recovery/90 days is having done inpatient rehab in January.  There I learned about myself, stuff I truly did not see in myself, but God taught me there, because I needed to learn it while there, and it has helped me in a whole new way, and I truly believe God sent me to that rehab just to learn that lesson.  I do not think I could have learned it any other place, because it had to do with my arrogance, and I thought I had gotten rid of that arrogance over a year ago.

I have been in outpatient treatment, and I get frustrated because I sometimes do not want to spend my evening there, and would rather go to an AA meeting.  But, I trust my private psychotherapist and will only stop participating when he and my outpatient rehab therapist talk and agree that it is time for me to cease outpatient treatment.  

I had to get to the point where I became willing to do just about anything to get and stay sober.  I also learned I have to be openminded and teachable.  Huge obstacles for me.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/18/10 9:46 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

big hugsss Trish  I hope today finds you serene!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Kathy
on 4/21/10 9:42 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Sorry this is late, Trish.  Congrats on your 90 days.  I am so happy for you.  I also did 5 days of rehab, inpatient, and it really worked for me. Coming up on two years.  Whew.  I know of your struggles and think of you often.
Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views