Any WLS patients dealing with BPD?

Kenneth C.
on 3/5/10 4:59 am - Hendersonville, TN
 I'm over a year out from RNY and recently, after many years of wrong diagnosis and many years of struggling, found out that I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Is anyone else out there dealing with this? I know I have gotten progressively worse as I lost my crutch, food. As well, I'm going through marital difficulties, which have made this much worse due to the abandonment issues. It would be great to hear from others and talk to others.

Thanks!
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Patricia R.
on 3/6/10 2:05 am - Perry, MI
Hello,
I was diagnosed with BPD over 20 years ago.  My marriage ended in 2001, and I am also alcoholic, and just got out of my first inpatient rehab after 20 years in AA.  What would you like to know?  
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kenneth C.
on 3/6/10 2:14 am - Hendersonville, TN
I'm wondering if you've been able to get better with therapy and medication? If you are able to fight the symptoms that are overwhelming and debilitating at times? I'm wondering if what I've heard, that things can get worse before they get better are really true? There is so much, that I want to know, but that's all I can think of for now.

Thanks
Kenny  - Facebook or view my blog — krcoffman.blogspot.com
HW 340/SW 297/CW 170/GW 190 — Start of Program Weight 315

Patricia R.
on 3/6/10 2:48 am - Perry, MI
Yes, you can get better.  I would be lost without my medications and therapy.  In fact, for a while, I was able to get rid of the diagnosis altogether.  The only reason I took back some of the behaviors is that I started drinking again, and that brought it all back.

The symptoms are behaviors and thoughts that therapy can definitely help you get rid of.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/10 10:10 am
hi i was browsing posts and saw this one. i was diagnosed with BPD and bi-polar disorder about two years ago. i keep trying to "get out" of my diagnosis by "trying to prove" to my therepists/doctors that i dont have these things.. but it never works. i do fit all the symptoms so here i am.

im on an antidepresant, antianxiety, and mood stabilizer. i also have been seeing the same therepist once a week for over a year (for someone who either loves or hates.. this is a big thing!!). ssince surgery, ive been having trouble getting in all my meds. and have actually not taken my mood stabilizer at all i can def tell. lol.

if you have any questions. feel free to message me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 769 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views